- Total Medicaid enrollment for June 2014 was 760,058 which includes Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) beneficiaries.
- Medicaid is serious about stopping fraud. Every dollar lost to abuse of benefits, is one less dollar for providing medical services. Report fraud by calling 1-800-880-5920.
- Medicaid is a state & federal program providing health coverage for low income populations. Medicare is a federal program providing health coverage to those age 65+.
- If you are approved as a new Medicaid beneficiary, you will receive a blue identification card in the mail. Always bring your Medicaid ID card when you get health services.
- The Mississippi Division of Medicaid has one central office in Jackson, 30 regional office across the state and over 90 outstations.