- The Mississippi Division of Medicaid has one central office in Jackson, 30 regional office across the state and over 90 outstations.
- If you are approved as a new Medicaid beneficiary, you will receive a blue identification card in the mail. Always bring your Medicaid ID card when you get health services.
- Total Medicaid enrollment for August 2014 was 771,759 which includes Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) beneficiaries.
- Medicaid was created by the Social Security Amendments of 1965. In 1969, Medicaid was enacted by the Mississippi Legislature.
- Medicaid is serious about stopping fraud. Every dollar lost to abuse of benefits, is one less dollar for providing medical services. Report fraud by calling 1-800-880-5920.